Crocodile kebab in mustard sauce, gombos e Belgian fritte " Real Crocodile meat from Zimbabwe !


Crocodile kebab in mustard sauce,  gombos e Belgian  fritte  " Real Crocodile meat from Zimbabwe !
Recipe 
Crocodile  from Zimbabwe, kebab style .
(2 skewers)

Ingredients for the meat
200 to 250 g crocodile meat per person
Breadcrumbs or soft breadcrumbs
Half a whole egg (or a small yolk, adjust if needed)
Fresh parsley
Fresh coriander
Fresh garlic or garlic powder
Spices and aromas to your taste
Salt

Ingredients for the sauce
Wholegrain mustard
A little brown stock
Crème fraîche

Meat preparation
Blend the crocodile meat until very fine.
Add the breadcrumbs, half egg, parsley, coriander, garlic, spices and salt.
Mix well until you get a homogeneous mixture.
Shape the mixture around two bamboo sticks like a large kebab.
Bake in a medium oven until the skewers are cooked through and nicely browned.

Sauce preparation
Mix the wholegrain mustard with the brown stock and crème fraîche.
Heat everything in a pan.
Let it reduce over low heat until the sauce becomes denser and reaches the desired consistency.
Pour into a sauce boat and serve on the side.

This recipe dates from six or seven years ago. Today I would change the sauce. I would do more thorough research and I would not use crème fraîche. If I had to make this recipe again now, I would do it differently. I will try to find crocodile meat again and revisit this recipe.

---


Well, I’m going to tell you the story behind this recipe. It’s more than six years old, maybe seven.

At that time, I had a Dutch online supplier. He was a special person who offered meat and fish of extraordinary quality. He sourced his products from all over the world, only the best: kangaroo fillet, bison, antelope, crocodile from Zimbabwe, springbok, ostrich, zebra, python, and also salmon.


He also had two other very special fish that he imported (into Europe / the Netherlands), but I no longer remember their names.

and 
It was a sockeye salmon, the red salmon. The one that, when it swims upstream to spawn and then dies after laying its eggs, completely changes colour. It deteriorates, turns entirely red, and its beak becomes hooked. A very special fish. That salmon is truly unique.


--

Unfortunately, my supplier had invested a lot of money. He had bought equipment, fridges and freezers, because all his products were frozen. That was necessary in order to be able to export high-quality meat and fish from all over the world.

These significant investments were no longer profitable, and he eventually went bankrupt. It was terrible for him. I knew a bit about his story, and it really was difficult.

What a shame. I liked him. I used to write to him from time to time by email, and he would always carefully inform me about the nature of the products, their quality, their origin and their exact source. He was very meticulous and transparent. He never hid where his products came from.

---

Have you ever wondered why some people are so determined to eat these beautiful wild animals?

Well, it’s because they are natural.  
They haven’t been given any antibiotics,  
they haven’t been vaccinated,  
their DNA hasn’t been modified,  
they contain no fluoride,  
and above all, they haven’t been fed genetically modified soy.

Genetically modified soy (GMO soy) is soy whose genes have been altered in a laboratory so that it can better resist herbicides, particularly glyphosate (Roundup). As a result, industrially farmed animals that eat it absorb these substances, which then end up in their meat. Wild animals, on the other hand, feed on whatever they find in nature, without this kind of contamination.

---
---








Reacties